CAT IV Insulation Resistance & Continuity Tester 50/100/250/500/1000V + 600 V catIV + Result Storage + Download
The Megger MIT400 Series insulation and continuity testers has been designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements. The wide range of features also makes the MIT400 Series ideal for maintenance technicians and engineers.
Designed to cope with the additional requirements of the telecommunications industry, MIT Models 480, 481 and 485 include 50 V and 100 V range insulation testing as standard, plus higher voltages as required.
In addition, the voltage detection test inhibit feature has been raised to 75 V (from 50 V), to allow testing of cables with coactivity coupled induced voltages, which would normally inhibit such testing with a 50 V protected instrument.
Finally the MIT481 and MIT485 models include measurement of cable distance by capacitance, providing a convenient cable length without the need to use TDR technology, with adjustable cable capacitance from 40 nF/Km to 60 nF/Km (default is 50 nF/Km).
- Test result storage
- Measurement of capacitance and distance by capacitance
- Bluetooth® wireless data transfer
- CAT IV 600 V rating – provides greater safety when testing at higher voltage levels
- Adjustable insulation test voltages – provides 250 V to 1000 V or 50 V to 1000 V.
- Dual digital display readout – allows display of complimentary test information simultaneously
(for example: MO plus test voltage or MO plus leakage current)
- Digital and analog arc display – includes not only the digital readout but also Megger’s patented analog arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display
- Exceptional measurement range from 20 GO to 200 GO - highest insulation test range available on the market, providing a superior range of measurement applications.
- Choice of 20 mA or 200 mA continuity testing – allows user to select lower continuity range thus increasing battery life considerably
- Continuity auto-test capability – enables real two-handed operation without the need to press the test button
- Adjustable continuity limit alarm – allows pass/fail limits to be sent to speed testing
- Automatically perform PI and DAR tests – user is able to quickly perform two important diagnostic tests. . . Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR)
- True RMS voltage measurement – allows accurate voltage measurement on noisy lines
- Auto ranging voltage measurement – automatically adjusts range from millivolts to 600 V AC or DC, eliminating the need to keep changing ranging
- Live circuit warning – automatically warns of contact to a live circuit, voltage is displayed and testing is inhibited
- Auto fuse warning – warns of fuse failure automatically. No need to test the fuse manually.
- Buzzer select button – enable or disable buzzer as required with resistance also displayed on the screen
These models include all the features required for
electricians, technicians and engineers working in a range
of industries. Available features are selected to make testing easy and fast in a range of situations. Typical applications include:
- Building/Campus electrical maintenance
- Large and small scale electrical installations
- Periodic electrical systems inspection and testing
- Cable testing
- Plant maintenance and production testing
- Panelboard testing
- Railway and other transportation maintenance and testing
- Motor testing
- Cable inspection/quality control
- Street lighting maintenance
- Avionics ground testing and maintenance
- Military hardware and facility maintenance
- Set of silicone test leads
- Rugged instrument rubber boot with built-in stand
- Plug-in switch probe
- High-impact polypropylene carry case
- Free calibration certificate
- Owner information CD
- Three year product warranty